Fast food, diuretics, alcohol, caffeine, refined and processed food, weight loss programs, illness and the fast paced stressful lives of of everyone today creates the need for magnesium and potassium supplementation.
Magnesium is an essential macromineral, that is water soluble and works with calcium. Decreased levels of magnesium have been associated with high blood pressure, kidney stones, heart disease (especially heart attacks due to coronary artery spasm), fatigue and PMS syndrome.
Potassium is an essential mineral that is absorbed quickly in the small intestine. It works synergistically with magnesium and calcium in the regulation of neuromuscular activity. Potassium is essential for normal growth, stimulating nerve impulses for muscle contraction, preserving proper alkalinity of bodily fluids and regulating the water and acid-base balances in the blood and tissues.
Benefits of magnesium potassium supplementation:
- Assists in relaxing the skeletal muscles
- Helps smoothes muscles of blood vessels & gastrointestinal tract
- Dilates coronary arteries
- Supports normalization of the heartbeat and blood pressure
- Alleviates symptoms of premenstrual syndrome
- Useful for chronic fatigue-results from double blind studyInvolved in several hundred enzymatic actions contributing to increased energy production